Screen your lungs at Advanced Body Scan. It could save your life.
Second-hand smoke, environmental factors and of course, smoking – In the United States, about 225,000 people per year are diagnosed with lung cancer. Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in both men and women.
However, early lung cancer detection and prevention is changing the way doctors diagnose and treat the condition, thus saving lives. A lung scan at Advanced Body Scan in Oklahoma City may detect cancerous and suspicious masses before they become life-threatening.
Electron Beam CT lung scan at Advanced Body Scan is an excellent means of early detection of lung cancer, emphysema, aneurysm of the aorta, and other lung ailments. CT screening for lung cancer in a recent study increased the long term survival to 82%. This is remarkable as the survival is usually less than 15% when diagnosed by chest X-rays alone.
Through an Electron Beam CT scan, doctors can detect early cancerous conditions and small tumors. At this initial stage, patients can be treated with less invasive methods.
Don’t wait until you exhibit symptoms! The 5-year survival rate is only 15%,according to the American Cancer Society and the American Lung Association. The majority will die from this disease if they wait for symptoms to manifest in the body.
Lung cancer prevention: You can help lower your risk
- Don’t smoke. Smoking causes about 90% of lung cancer deaths in men and almost 80% of lung cancer deaths in women in the United States.
- Avoid secondhand smoke. Make your home and car smoke-free.
- Get your home tested for radon and other cancer-causing materials including dust and airborne pollutants. Health and safety guidelines in the workplace can help workers avoid carcinogens—things that can cause cancer.
Consider your risk factors
- Family history – Do you have family members who had early onset lung cancer or other cancers.
- Exposure to silicate fibers such as asbestos – Both lung cancer and mesothelioma (a type of cancer of the pleura or of the lining of the abdominal cavity called the peritoneum) are associated with exposure to asbestos.
- Smokers and second-hand smokers – If you have ever been a smoker – and most certainly if you still smoke – treat yourself to a lung scan at Advanced Body Scan. Current data shows that, when caught early enough, the survival rate for lung cancer is very high. By the time anything shows up on a standard chest x-ray, it is often too late. One deep breath hold with our FDA approved Electron Beam CT scanner could save your life!
- Prolonged exposure to environmental toxins, fumes, chemicals. Did you work in a place where you suspect you may have been breathing unhealthy air? Check your lungs with an Electron Beam CT lung scan.
If you fall into any of these groups, consider getting an EBCT screening. A lung scan may detect pre-cancerous masses before they become life-threatening. Contact us today.