Heart Disease Risk – Should you get a GE Optima CT Scan?
A heart scan is the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to learn about your heart’s state of health. Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that about every 25 seconds an American has a coronary event.
Risk factors such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes play a role. However, many more people are at risk without any of these precursors.
Unfortunately, when you experience symptoms, you may already have suffered major damage to your heart or other organs – or worse, you are now experiencing a heart attack or stroke. The results of a heart scan at Advanced Body Scan give you invaluable information that put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to your heart health.
- Do you need to exercise and eat better to prevent heart disease?
- Have you experienced chest pain recently?
- Is heart surgery in your future?
- Or do you have the heart of a 20-year-old?
A CT scan of your heart will reveal some of the answers.
Our heart scans can detect the early signs of coronary artery disease
Heart attacks are caused by plaques and calcium buildup in the arteries that supply the heart with blood. This will often result in blockage, aneurism or thrombosis. The GE Optima CT scan is designed to pick up the beginnings of calcification. This test is often referred to as the “gold standard” in non-invasive early detection of heart disease.
Traditional diagnostic imagining will reveal large deposits, but a GE Optima CT scan can show tiny deposits because the extremely fast scan eliminates motion blur and allows for a more accurate picture.
Our Heart Scan is an FDA-approved, nonsurgical scanning procedure administered in Oklahoma exclusively by Advanced Body Scan. This scan is an ultrafast scan that creates very precise, three-dimensional images of the heart and coronary arteries. These images provide an accurate view of the development of calcium deposits in your coronary arteries.
Take charge of your heart health!
With the information gathered from the heart scan at Advanced Body Scan, you and your doctor are able to design an individualized action plan for you. Early detection, coupled with this individualized, proactive approach, helps prevent future cardiac events.
Talk to us about preventive imaging technology and the benefits it will provide for you. For more information, contact us today. You owe it to yourself and your family to make the call.
Why a Body Scan May Be the Most Important Test You Will Ever Take
- Heart disease accounts for nearly one-third of all deaths in America.
- Your chance of getting heart disease is higher in America than in any other country in the world.
- Most Americans over age 35 already have heart disease – whether they know it or not.
- Heart disease is a silent killer. For 150,000 Americans this year, the first sign of heart disease will be a fatal, symptomless heart attack.
- Current risk assessment methods, like blood pressure, cholesterol and stress tests, miss as many as 75 percent of patients who develop heart problems
Knowing where you stand puts you in charge of your health.